Assignment 2 – Literature Review
|Assessment Type (and weighting)||Report (60%) 3500 words|
|Assessment Name||Literature Review|
|Assessment Submission Date||10/01/22|
Learning Outcomes Assessed:
LO2: Propose, combine and evaluate literature relevant to a chosen topic
LO3: Organise and originate literature
This assessment requires you produce a literature review based on research proposal
Your assignment must be submitted in the university format though the Turnitin link on the VLE.
Assignments must be submitted in word document format or they will be rejected.
Assignments must be submitted with the filename of xxxxxxSWE7004A2.doc where xxxxxx is your student number.
Failure to adhere to the submission rules will result in a mark of 0.
Specifically, your literature review should include:
- A critical justification of your research.
- A demonstration of your ability to synthesise and logically present information
- An extensive critical analysis of the salient topics related to your proposed.
- A high standard of referencing that adheres to university standards
Minimum Secondary Research Source Requirements:
Level HE7 – It is expected that the Reference List will contain between fifteen to twenty sources. As a MINIMUM the Reference List should include four refereed academic journals and five academic books.
Specific Assessment Criteria:
(Please note that the General Assessment Criteria will also apply. Please see Section 16).
Distinction (70% and above)
A cohesive, comprehensive Literature Review will be submitted. Relationships between concepts will be expertly elicited. A justified and critical evaluation of your proposed area of research will be expertly explored within the review. You will expertly synthesise logical concepts and propose new paradigms that will inform your proposed .
It demonstrating use of a wide range of contemporary and seminal sources will be evident. Referencing and English will be excellent.
Merit (60% -69%)
A clear and critical Literature Review will be submitted. Relationships between concepts will be clearly elicited. A critical evaluation of your proposed area of it will be fully explored within the review. You will synthesise logical concepts and propose new paradigms that will inform your proposed .
A range of research demonstrating use of a wide range of relevant research sources will be evident. Referencing and English will be good.
It will be submitted with clear objectives. A set of proposed supporting literature will be provided. A clear evaluation of concepts will be elicited. You will synthesise logical concepts and propose new paradigms that will inform your proposed.
It demonstrating use of a range of relevant it sources will be evident. Referencing and English will be satisfactory.
Fail (Below 50%): Students who do not meet the requirements of the Pass criteria will not successfully complete the assessment activity.
It refer to the systematic procedures, techniques, and processes that researchers use to investigate and gather information about a particular topic or question. The choice of research methods depends on the nature of the research question, the type of data needed.
There are several common research methods used in various fields, including:
- Experimental Research : This method involves manipulating one or more variables to observe their effect on other variables. It is often used in controlled laboratory settings to establish cause-and-effect relationships.
- Survey Research: Surveys are questionnaires or interviews conducted with a sample of individuals to gather information about their opinions, attitudes, behaviors, or characteristics. This method is widely used in social sciences .
- Observational Research: It observe and record behaviors, events, or phenomena in their natural settings without any intervention or manipulation. It can be used to study human or animal behavior.
- Case Study Research: Case studies involve in-depth analysis of a single individual, group, event, or phenomenon. This method is often used in psychology, medicine, and social sciences to explore complex and unique cases.
- Content Analysis: Content analysis involves systematically analyzing the content of texts, such as books, articles, speeches, or media, to identify patterns, themes, and trends. It is commonly used in communication and media studies.
- Qualitative Research: Qualitative methods focus on exploring and understanding the underlying meanings, experiences, and perspectives of individuals or groups. Common techniques include interviews, focus groups, and participant observation.
- Quantitative Research: Quantitative methods involve collecting numerical data and using statistical analysis to draw conclusions. Surveys, experiments, and structured observations are often used .
- Historical : Historical it involves the examination of historical records, documents, and artifacts to understand past events, trends, and contexts.
- Action : This approach is often used in education and social sciences, where researchers work collaboratively with practitioners to address specific problems and improve practices.
- Mixed-Methods : It combine both qualitative and quantitative methods to gain a comprehensive understanding of a problem. This approach can provide a more holistic view of complex issues.
- Longitudinal : Longitudinal studies involve collecting data from the same individuals or groups over an extended period to observe changes and trends over time.
- Cross-Sectional : Cross-sectional studies collect data from a diverse group of participants at a single point in time to examine differences or associations among variables.
The choice of research method depends on the research question, available resources, ethical considerations, and the desired level of detail and depth in the findings. Researchers often use a combination of methods to triangulate their findings and ensure the validity and reliability of their results. Additionally, advances in technology have led to new research methods and tools, such as big data analysis, neuroimaging, and online surveys, which have expanded the possibilities for research across various disciplines.
If you need any kind of help with your assignment, reports or dissertation papers then feel free to reach us on WhatsApp or Contact Us.